Ongoing Collection for
Operation Christmas Child
The United Methodist Women of Allen-Lee Memorial UMC spearheads the collection of shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child each year. In an effort to increase the number Christmas boxes that can be prepared for children around the world for whom this may be their first opportunity to hear about Christ and their only Christmas gift, a box has been placed in the narthex for an ongoing collection of items.
Suggestions for items to donate (or not) include the following.
- TOYS: Include items that children will immediately embrace such as dolls, toy cars, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, balls, toys that light up and make noise (with extra batteries), etc.
- SCHOOL SUPPLIES: pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons, markers, notebooks, paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
- NON-LIQUID HYGIENE ITEMS: toothbrushes, bar soap, combs, washcloths, etc.
- ACCESSORIES: t-shirts, socks, hats, sunglasses, hair clips, jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries), etc.
- DO NOT INCLUDE: Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; chocolate or food; out-of-date candy; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.